The new Cert IV TAE has arrived!
Well, it’s finally here – TAE40116 is the newly endorsed version of the Cert IV TAE.
What we know so far
- There are still 10 units of competency in the new qualification
- There are now 9 core units and only one elective unit – previously it was a 7/3 split
- The 2 new core units are: TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- The performance evidence for TAEDEL401 Plan,organise and deliver group-based learning now requires an audience of at least 8 people
- RTOs who want to train and assess the new qualification will need to add it to their scope of registration, even if they have TAE40110 currently on scope. This means that at the moment no RTO has the new qualification on scope so you can’t do it anywhere yet! We’re guessing no earlier than say July/August this year will see the first few RTOs emerge with the new qualification on their scope. Ctrain certainly intends to add TAE40116 to its scope as soon as possible!
What we don’t know yet
- What will be the process for adding the new qualification to an RTO’s scope – will those RTOs who already offer TAE40110 (the old qualification) have to go through the same process as those RTOs adding it for the first time?
- What trainers and assessors have to do to get their TAE40110 “upgraded” to the new qualification. We suspect that you will need to get TAELLN411 and TAEASS502, if you don’t already have both units. Those of you who did their Cert IV TAE with Ctrain over the last few years will already have the LLN unit while I know that some of you who studied with us before then have since attended one of our one day LLN workshops in preparation for this day
- What effect (if any) there will be on the 2 TAE Diplomas – will we need to upgrade these as well?
It’s going to be an interesting few months. Please touch base if you’d like some individual advice on what to do next. I will update everyone as more news comes to hand. Call me on 1300 473 240 or email email@example.com