Yes, that’s right. Only 3 months to get yourself compliant, if you aren’t already. Here’s what you need to do by 1st April 2019:
- Check to see if the TAE40110 you did included these 2 units – TAELLN411 (or 401A) – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 (or A or B) – Design and develop assessment tools
- If your TAE40110 didn’t include both of these units you’ll need to get them by 1st April 2019 to meet the new requirements. Note that you don’t need to “upgrade” to the new qualification – you simply need TAE40110 with TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 or their equivalents. Ctrain is offering one day workshops for both units
- If you want the get the new qualification (TAE40116) contact Ctrain (we’re offering TAE40116 in partnership with Fortress Learning RTO No. 31974). You’ll need the 2 units mentioned above and there is some additional evidence required in some of the other units (TAEASS401/403) to satisfy the new assessment requirements of TAE40116. You don’t need the new qualification (so far, but who knows what changes are afoot!).
- If you want to upgrade your TAE Diploma(s) the same applies – contact us and we’ll get you up and running with a pretty straightforward RPL process
- For those of you who train and assess TAE40116 you should know by now that from 1st January 2017 you needed to have at least one of the TAE diplomas. If you don’t, you can still train it under the supervision of someone who does hold at least one of the diplomas but you aren’t allowed to assess.