It’s all a bit confusing really, isn’t it? Here’s a neat summary of what’s happening in the world of TAE40116, the “new” training and assessment qualification.
- There is no requirement to upgrade your TAE40110 qualification to the new one (TAE40116)
- What you do need to ensure is that by 1st April 2019, in addition to your TAE40110 qualification, you also have TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- You may already have one or both of these units from when you did your TAE40110 so check your Certificate for the units of competency which made up your TAE40110. You may be pleasantly surprised!
- Most RTOs with TAE40116 on scope offer workshops where you can get one or both of these required units
- Skill-set wise, the main one which requires updating by 1st April 2019 is the Assessor Skill Set (TAEAA00011, formerly TAESS00001). This requires TAEASS502 by that date to ensure compliance
- The other 2 main skill sets in use at present are the Enterprise Trainer – Presenting Skill Set (TAESS00014, formerly TAESS00007) and the Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill set (TAESS00015, formerly TAESS00003) – both of these do not require upgrading as the old and new skill sets have been deemed equivalent
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (the Skills Service Organisation looking after the TAE training package) has just started consulting with industry stakeholders to gather feedback on the new TAE qualification so look out for more changes ahead!
- By the way, there are now 68 RTOs who have TAE40116 on scope. Compare this to 2 years ago when there were around 600 RTOs with TAE40110 on scope!
If you have any questions about any of the above please feel free to drop me an email or call me on 1300 473 240.