Here’s a summary of what’s happening in the world of TAE40116, the “new” training and assessment qualification.
- There is still no requirement to upgrade your TAE40110 qualification to the new one (TAE40116)
- What you do need to ensure is that by 1st April 2019, in addition to your TAE40110 qualification, you also have TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (or their equivalent units)
- You may already have one or both of these units from when you did your TAE40110 so check your Certificate for the units of competency which made up your TAE40110. You may be pleasantly surprised!
- Most RTOs with TAE40116 on scope offer workshops where you can get one or both of these required units. Remember that this won’t be enough to upgrade your TAE40110 to TAE40116 – For that you’ll need to do some additional assessment tasks for TAEASS401 and 403
- Skill-set wise, the main one which requires updating by 1st April 2019 is the Assessor Skill Set (TAEAA00011, formerly TAESS00001). This requires TAEASS502 by that date to ensure compliance but it still won’t get you the new skill set TAESS000011. For that you’ll need to do some additional assessment tasks for TAEASS401 and 403
- The other 2 main skill sets in use at present are the Enterprise Trainer – Presenting Skill Set (TAESS00014, formerly TAESS00007) and the Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill set (TAESS00015, formerly TAESS00003) – both of these do not require upgrading as the old and new skill sets have been deemed equivalent
- There are now 91 RTOs who have TAE40116 on scope – an increase of 23 in just under 6 months. Compare this to 2 years ago when there were around 600 RTOs with TAE40110 on scope!
- By the way, there are now 4,392 currently registered RTOs – this number is dropping daily!
If you have any questions about any of the above please feel free to drop me an email or call me on 1300 473 240.